Tuesday, January 27, 2009

New House, New Car, New Wig ~ 1971


Life was pretty good that year! We had just moved into a new house in Wenatchee, Washington where Jack was hired as the new manager of a Kentucky Fried Chicken store. While I was attending the mid-week Relief Society Meeting one day, sneaky Jack went car shopping! He bought a new car and surprised me! It was a 1971 Dodge Demon with automatic shift. Automatic shift meant that I could drive so Jack taught me to drive.

I think Sheri and Roger were pretty excited to have me driving. They went on all the teaching rides standing up on the back seat together (there were no seatbelts & child car seats). One particular time when we were out practicing, I was driving in heavy traffic where 2 lanes turned left on the green light. I was nervous about making the turn but I did it! Sheri and Roger both cheered me from the back seat, "Yea, Mom Did it!"

Goofy looking wig, don't you think?

1 comment:

DeAnn said...

As I recall, I might have helped teach you how to parallel park. I've never seen that photo, thanks for sharing and telling the story. Yes, the wig looks a little goofy.